Dodgen PTSA Awards
We are pleased to report that Dodgen PTSA was very successful in winning awards
at the District and State level as follows:
9th District Awards 2007/2008
2nd Legislation & Advocacy
Meeting 9th District Membership Challenge
Participation in and sharing our Best
Idea – Student Involvement
Georgia PTA Awards 2007/2008
2nd Parent Involvement
2nd Legislation & Advocacy
Model PTA Award
Dodgen PTSA is very grateful to all the parent, teacher and student
volunteers who work together to make us an award winning PTSA. We look forward
to another great year!
National PTA School of Excellence for Parent Involvement, 2004-2007
Parent Involvement Schools of Excellence Certification Fact Sheet
What is National PTA’s Parent Involvement Schools of Excellence
- A comprehensive three-step program—built around National PTA’s National Standards for Parent/Family Involvement Programs—that provides
schools with the tools they need to achieve excellence in parent/family involvement.
- A team¾including a teacher, principal, parent, student, and community member¾completes a self-assessment of their parent involvement
practices, and, where needed, makes improvements on developing all aspects of the school’s parent/family involvement programs.
- The process leading to certification may take up to one year.
- In 2001, seven schools piloted the program, which is now available to all schools.
Have any schools been certified by National PTA?
More than 250 schools have earned the Certification of Excellence for having the highest standards in parent involvement. These schools
have the distinction of being named a National PTA Parent Involvement School of Excellence.
Why has National PTA created a Parent Involvement Certification Program?
- National PTA created the program to bring well-deserved recognition to good parent-school partnerships.
- From kindergarten to high school, parent involvement fuels student success. Every child deserves to attend a National PTA Parent
Involvement School of Excellence.
- National PTA’s certification program recognizes schools that are developing and maintaining outstanding parent involvement programs
- Reaching out and including more parents and families
- Improving school support from families and communities
- Meeting new state standards where applicable
- Recognizing best practices and excellence in parent involvement programs
Who are our certification partners?
American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
National Association of Elementary School Principals
National Association of Secondary School Principals
National Education Association
National School Public Relations Association